- Most kitchen sponges are made of cellulose (natural fibers). However, the scrubby part is typically made of polyester or nylon. These materials are neither recyclable nor biodegradable and are made from non-renewables such as oil and gas.
- Those sponges have a huge carbon footprint and will sit in your landfill for centuries.
- Instead of contributing 52 sponges to your landfill every year, how can you keep your dishes clean without adding to landfills or using toxic chemicals?
- Use our eco-friendly dish scrubbers that are well made and completely compostable.
- Made out of natural and Biodegradable/compostable fibers And it lasts up to 9-12 months.
Instructions for use
- Trim the extra coir fibers. The extra fibers of the worn-out scrub pad can be added to your compost pit as is, as it’s 100% natural.
- Don’t let it drain out.
- One scrub pad can be used for 10-15 days. Soak the scrub pad in water for a day to make it softer for use.
Neerei (verified owner) –
review is awaiting approval
So great, works as good (or better even) as regular scrub pads.. but completely biodegradable, and when it starts coming apart, I rinse it out and compost it. It also lasts pretty long and doesn’t get smelly. Totally recommend